19 February 2019 – Discover 18 experiences at the 18th SA Cheese Festival
The 18th South African Cheese Festival, from Friday 26 to Sunday 28 April 2019 at Sandringham outside Stellenbosch, offers a true value for money experience – your ticket indeed buys you 18 of them:
- The Cheese Emporium: The heart of the SA Cheese Festival where you can taste and buy the largest variety of cheeses – old favorites and innovative new ones – under one roof.
- The Italian Experience: A brand new addition specially created in collaboration with Food Lover’s Market. Come stroll through our piazza and experience Italian hospitality and gastronomy in abundance – from Mozzarella and olives to Provolone, Prosciutto di Parma, pasta, pesto and more!
- Taste it first: Many exhibitors utilise the SA Cheese Festival as a platform to launch new products and test the market – discover it here before it appears on store shelves.
- The Tasting Room: We marry cheese with wine, beer and every new trend. Come watch, listen and taste at no extra cost … and experience interesting taste combinations presented by well-known foodies such as The Kate Tin (Katelyn Allegra) and The Food Fox (Ilse van der Merwe), as well as the popular ‘Bok Radio’ breakfast duo Wimpie and Le-Lue.
- ‘Raak ‘n bietjie rustig’ day: Friday, 26 April, a working day? Never! It’s pay day after all – perfect for a leisurely day out with your entire book/garden/crochet/coffee/bowls/lift club! Watch out for ‘Raak ‘n bietjie rustig’ packages for groups and discover the festival at your own pace.
- Meet boutique cheese makers: Come and support entrepreneurs who, despite the drought, come from far and wide to introduce their unique handmade cheeses to artisan cheese lovers!
- Cape Made: Taste the Alternatives: A fresh from the farm collection of alternative products such as olives, honey and rooibos to pick and choose from … with bargains directly from producers, thanks to a partnership with the Western Cape Department of Agriculture.
- The Cape Made Kitchen: Come and experience a taste of magic as chefs from the Private Hotel School pair cheese with bread and alternative products, brought to you in partnership with the Western Cape Department of Agriculture, Hortgro, the Milk Producers’ Organisation (MPO), Grain SA and Agri-Expo. As a bonus there is a free recipe book to take home!
- Making memories: It just gets better year after year! The SA Cheese Festival is a popular place to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries (or to meet your better half à la celebrity chef Bertus Basson!)
- Boutique is king: Support boutique producers while discovering and appreciating new taste experiences – from wine and beer to gin with honey, almond, buchu, strawberry or chai!
- The Ladismith Cheese Carving Competition: A daily highlight in Blossom’s Gazebo – enter for free at the festival (entries are limited). Prove your creativity, carve a cheese and win great prizes!
- The Music Gazebo: Kick up your heels and enjoy your shopping to the rhythm of popular local artists while you relax with family and friends.
- The Milk Factory: Visit the friendly cows and goats at the Milk Factory and show the little ones where the cheese comes from.
- The Gourmet Lane: Popular food stalls serve delicious dishes – with even more cheese!
- The Kiddies Corner: Hours of fun and entertainment for the children in a safe environment while parents relax.
- #SundayFamilyFunDay: Enjoy a true #SundayFunday with your whole family whilst some of the country’s best cheeses and other boutique products are just a few steps away.
- The Connoisseurs Experience: There are only 100 tickets available per day for this exclusive festival experience with shaded seating, a cheeseboard, bottle of wine and many extras. Hurry up, last year’s gourmets are all coming back for more!
- Be safe: The SA Cheese Festival promotes the responsible use of alcohol. Make use of shuttle services and taxis for peace of mind.
The festival times are daily from 10:00 to 18:00. Sandringham is conveniently located next to the N1, Stellenbosch turn-off (exit 39), between Cape Town and Paarl.
Tickets cost R180 per person per day. Senior citizens pay R120 and children between 2 and 13 years R20. Tickets are available at Computicket. No tickets will be sold at the gates. The Connoisseurs’ Experience costs R950 per person (only persons over 18 years old) and is available from Claudine Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discover more about the SA Cheese Festival’s 18 year celebration at www.cheesefestival.co.za, Twitter @SACheeseFest, Facebook @SACheeseFestival or Instagram @sacheesefest, or contact Agri-Expo at tel 021 975 4440 or email@example.com.