Isofoam South Africa manufactures and distributes IsoBoard™ thermal insulation boards. Since 1995, we have a proud record of supplying many facets of the agricultural sector, ranging from poultry, piggeries, wine cellars, fruit packing, and aquaponics. IsoBoard is also used extensively in guesthouses, restaurants and worker accommodation on farms. We remain at the forefront of developing workable solutions to heat flow in construction, enabling farmers to optimise yields through controlled temperatures, and providing thermal comfort in all forms of buildings.
IsoBoard is a rigid, high density, extruded polystyrene board, manufactured in different thicknesses and lengths to meet almost any thermal insulation requirement, in the temperature range -30 to +60ºC. It is produced on a continuous, fully automated extrusion process, in accordance with international specifications and standards.
Thermal insulation works by providing a barrier to heat transfer from inside to outside, and vice versa. Insulation does not, of itself, provide heating or cooling, but rather provides dependable internal temperatures, minimising any HVAC intervention.
IsoBoard has been tested and certified by the Board of Agre’ment South Africa, for five of our popular applications. These are for over steel purlins, as ceiling, over wooder rafters, within cavity walls and as an inverted roof system on a concrete roof deck. The product is comprehensively tested for physical properties as prescribed in local and international standards. IsoBoard is also extensively fire tested through Firelab, having an excellent response to fire events, where it has proved itself on many occasions.
IsoBoard does not shed, nor support mould growth or vermin. The board is washable, and paintable with water-based paint products. As the board is 100% closed cell, it does not absorb water. IsoBoard is expected to last for the lifetime of the building.
We have Sales Offices in Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein and Nelspruit.
IsoBoard is without doubt the most versatile thermal insulator available.
IsoBoard is used in numerous industries:
- Agriculture – Poultry & Pig
- Agriculture – Wine & Fruit
- Housing projects
- Retail & Commercial
- Health Sector: clinics and hospitals
Application and Installation
IsoBoard is exceptionally versatile, and suitable for most building and construction thermal insulation applications. IsoBoard is used with the objective of energy cost savings and comfort.
In a warm temperate environment such as found in South Africa, resisting heat flow inwards through the roof or walls is the primary purpose of insulation. IsoBoard can be installed in a variety of applications to effectively meet this objective.
- Over purlin for retail, commercial, industrial and residential steel frame roof applications.
- Cavity wall to maintain a constant internal building temperature
- Nail up ceilings replacing existing ceiling systems with an insulated ceiling.
- Under Floor & Perimeter to insulate heated or cooled floors from the earth’s temperature.
- Over rafter for residential and affordable housing applications.
- Over truss for retail, commercial and residential exposed wooden truss applications.
- Under soffit within exposed parking areas to insulate retail and residential users above.
- Inverted roof for concrete roofing systems where insulation is installed over waterproofing under ballast.
IsoBoard is classified as B/B1/2/H&V in terms of SANS 428. This means that although the board is combustible, it poses no flame spread hazard and can be used in any building type in a horizontal or vertical application, with the exception of regulated buildings which require non-combustible materials. IsoBoard is tested for use with sprinklers.
Advantages and Attributes
- IsoBoard is a great choice from a safety and health point of view.
- Does not support mould growth or contain food for vermin.
- Durable, expected to last as long as the building when installed correctly.
- Ease and cost effectiveness of installations.
- Versatility of applications.
- Moisture transfer resistance.
- Ozone friendly.
- Proven performance over 25 years!
IsoBoard Western Cape
+27 (0)21 983 1140
+27 (0)31 569 1800
+27 (0)12 653 8204
+27 (0)82 347 0186
+27 (0)82 5774 336
+27 (0)51 4301953
IsoBoard Port Elizabeth
+27 (0)41 453 4139
+27 (0)13 752 2558