IsoFoam is the manufacturer and distributor of IsoBoard™. We are at the forefront of developing workable solutions to construction problems, pertaining to heat and/or comfort levels in buildings.
IsoBoard is a rigid, high density, extruded polystyrene board, manufactured in different thicknesses and lengths to meet almost any thermal insulation requirement in the temperature range -30 to +60ºC. It is produced on a continuous, fully automated extrusion process, in accordance with international specifications and standards.
Thermal insulation works by providing a barrier to heat transfer from one side to the other. Insulation does not, of itself, provide heating or cooling, but rather controls where heat energy should be, either outside or inside.
IsoBoard has been tested and certified by the AGRE’MENT BOARD of South Africa. Primary testing of the physical properties has been conducted by Standards SA, fire testing performed by the CSIR, to ensure compliance with the National Building Regulations SANS 10- 400. These accreditations reinforce confidence in IsoBoard performance.
We have Sales Offices in Pretoria, Cape Town, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Bloemfontein and Edenvale.
IsoBoard is without doubt the most versatile thermal insulator available.
IsoBoard is used in numerous industries:
- Agriculture – Poultry & Pig
- Agriculture – Wine & Fruit
- Housing projects
- Retail & Commercial
Application and Installation
IsoBoard is exceptionally versatile, and therefore most building and construction thermal insulation applications are catered for. IsoBoard is used with the objective of energy cost savings and comfort.
In a warm temperate environment such as found in South Africa, resisting heat flow inwards through the roof or walls is the primary purpose of insulation. IsoBoard can be installed in a variety of applications to effectively meet this objective.
- Over purlin for retail, commercial, industrial and residential steel frame roof applications.
- Cavity wall to maintain a constant internal building temperature
- Nail up ceilings replacing existing ceiling systems with an insulated ceiling.
- Under Floor & Perimeter to insulate heated or cooled floors from the earth’s temperature.
- Over rafter for residential and low cost housing applications.
- Over truss for retail, commercial and residential exposed wooden truss applications.
- Under soffit above exposed parking areas to insulate retail and residential environments.
- Inverted roof for concrete roofing systems where insulation is installed over waterproofing.
IsoBoard is classified as B/B1/2/H&V in terms of SANS 428. This means that although the board is combustible, it poses no flame spread hazard and can be used in any building type in a horizontal or vertical application, with the exception of regulated buildings which require non combustible materials.
Advantages and Attributes
- Good is a good choice from a safety point of view.
- Does not support mould growth or contain food for vermin.
- Ease and cost effectiveness of installations.
- Versatility of applications.
- Moisture transfer resistance.
It’s a whole new season!
IsoBoard Western Cape
+27 (0)21 983 1140
+27 (0)31 569 1800
+27 (0)12 653 8204
+27 (0)82 347 0186
+27 (0)82 5774 336
+27 (0)51 4301953
IsoBoard Port Elizabeth
+27 (0)41 453 4139
IsoBoard Johannesburg South
+27 (0)11 454 3045
+27 (0)13 752 2558