Spear Fencing Systems represents a totally new concept in the design, manufacture and assembly/installation of steel palisade fencing (devil’s fork type) for commercial, industrial, residential and building markets.
Our scope of projects includes Shopping Centres, Sports Stadiums, Industrial Sites and Residential Sites.
Our unique patented products differs from this traditional fencing approaches i. e. welding of components, expensive transport due to space / volumetric freight, pre-welded panels which are heavy and difficult to handle during loading and installation and the use of on-site equipment such as welding machines and rods, generators, grinders / sanding.
The corporate office is situated in Pretoria with nationwide marketing, a distribution and installation network. We have completed a number of prestigious projects with great success in South Africa – Pretoria, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Ellisras, Hout Bay, Port Elizabeth, Nelspruit, – The Netherlands, Botswana, and Mozambique.
THE SPEAR PRODUCT
Hinge Method of Construction and Installation
According to the Spear Fencing concept and method of construction, the fence structure is not rigid, but laterally flexible.
Each component is manufactured separately, and assembled in such a way that the structure is based upon a “hinge” method. This means that the fence structure automatically accommodates the slope of the ground (at even acute angles).
Characteristics / Advantages:
- Price competitiveness.
- No welding whatsoever during manufacturing or installation process: reducing corrosion factor and thus maintenance costs.
- Significant improvement in durability and life span.
- Hollow components (tubing) can be eliminated.
- Speed, simplicity and cost effectiveness of installation: 100% DIY. No special tooling or equipment needed. No electricity needed.
- Cost effective transport (all components transported in bundled form in contrast with the conventional pre-welded panels).
- Cost effective storage: require minimum floor space.
- Flexibility in designs offering a wider choice according to the needs of the client.
- Aesthetic appearance: no visible and unsightly attachment mechanisms/ connectors.
- The fence automatically follows the contours of the ground: the “stepping”-method of installation could be eliminated.
- Structural strength: Equals that of conventional welded palisade products.
- Invisible and tamper proof connecting mechanisms.
- Expanded market exposure: the 100% DIY-characteristics of Spear make it most suitable for distribution via the DIY market.
- Flexibility in materials and dimensions for fence components: thickness/width/profile can be adapted according to the needs of the client.
- Environment friendly: The product fits the environment – environment does not need to fit the product: Adjustable to environmental slopes and contours. Minimum or no earth works/ excavation necessary.
- Flexible pricing structure to accommodate quantities.
The product is offered in three basic designs/models:
- Single Spear
- Picket Spear
- Double SpearThese abovementioned models respectively, are clearly illustrated by the photographic illustrations.
We are capable of supplying the product in any height (up to 3 meters). Panel lengths may vary from 2m to 3m, depending on the customer’s needs.
INLAND REGIONS: LOW ATMOSPHERIC MOISTURE
- Carbon Steel Components
- All steel components factory pre-treated with grey etch primer
COASTAL REGIONS: HIGH ATMOSPHERIC MOISTURE
- Stainless Steel (Ferritic)
- Types: 409, 430, 441
ALL COMPONENTS ARE MANUFACTURED OF CORROSION RESISTANT MATERIALS:
- Stainless Steel
- Mild Steel:
- Galvanized or
- Etch primer undercoat
- No hollow components e.g. Tubing
- No welding at all – the parts fit together and can’t be dissembled or taken apart
- Galvanized or red oxide undercoat
The CSIR has done extensive corrosion testing research between stainless steel (types 409,430,441,3cr12) and zinc (galvanized steel). Results of a twenty year national exposure programme – Atmospheric Corrosion Testing – are also available.
The company and its people are bound to the principles of:
- Customer service and satisfaction
- Human rights and dignity
Member of the Southern Africa Stainless Steel Development Association (SASSDA)