Fresh Plaza News

14 January 2022. GLOBAL OVERVIEW MANGOES. Read more…


Good sizes on slightly late South African litchi crop

24 November 2021. The litchi crop for this year is 20% to 30% lower than last year, coming to approximately 1.3 million 2kg cartons, of which 150,000 cartons are set aside for the USA programme. Read more…


South Africa’s mango crop down by 15%

11 November 2021.Prospects for the mango season differ over the various production regions, and it’s difficult to give a firm estimate at this stage, notes Derek Donkin, CEO of Subtrop, the industry organisation for mangoes, litchis and avocados. Read more…


Fresh Plaza News

22 October 2021. GLOBAL OVERVIEW MELONS AND WATERMELONS. Read more…


Fresh Plaza News

15 October 2021. GLOBAL OVERVIEW BANANAS. Read more…


Locally grown avocados on South African shelves year-round

6 October 2021. According to the South African Avocado Growers’ Association, 80% of avocado trees produced in South African nurseries are the dark-skinned Hass and Hass-type. The rest of the 20% is made up mainly of the Fuerte. Read more…


Fresh Plaza News

4 October 2021. GLOBAL OVERVIEW PAPAYA . Read more…


Big opportunities for South African kiwifruit

16 September 2021. A clear focus on commodities with the potential for growth but that have not featured as prominently as crops such as maize, citrus, and wine grapes is also required. One such commodity is the kiwifruit. according to www.cbn.co.za Read more…


Fresh Plaza News

10 September 2021. GLOBAL OVERVIEW KIWI MARKET. Read more…